The second most important thing other than my head that needs to be protected for me is my eyes. I want a set of good quality goggles that will resist damage and I want to be able to change lenses easily.
I chose the Oakley Airbrake Goggles as my top pick. After a ton of research I decided to buy them here on Amazon. These goggles are game changers and have a lot of new and innovative technologies that have been adapted from their sunglasses. These are some of the best AND safest goggles on the market right now.
I have been a fan of Oakley sunglasses for a long time and Oakley is a great company with great products.
The Airbrake goggles have a lens changes system called the “Switch Lock system” and it is SUPER simple to change out these lenses when needed.
Almost every piece of the goggles is interchangeable so if an outrigger breaks or the foam wears out, all you have to do is buy a replacement part instead of a whole new set of goggles.
The lens is also made of the same material as their sunglasses, a material called plutonite. Plutonite is Oakley’s patented material used for the absolute best ultraviolet ray protection. Plutonite will stop every wavelength of ultraviolet rays from reaching your eyes. The lens is also shatterproof and is very strong and will protect your eyes from just about anything the trail or track throws at you.
They are injection molded and formed to the goggles so there will be no distortion and your vision will remain clear.
Things to Consider When Shopping For Goggles
- Comfort – Make sure they will be comfortable to wear for long periods of time with a helmet.
- Anti Fog – Nothing is worse than not being able to see because your goggles keep fogging up
- Durability – You want a pair of goggles that will withstand all the bumps and bruises they are going to take.
- Removable Lens – A must have because your lens will get scratched or damaged.
- Peripheral Vision – I like my goggles to have a wide view so I can see out of my peripheral better. It’s great for the trail and the track!
I have a few pairs of older and cheaper goggles and nothing compares to the Oakley Airbrake. I would recommend these 100% if anyone walked up to me on the street and asked what the best goggles are.